We want to inform our hostesses and presenters as to what is required and expected of you as you represent Corporate Presenters in the trade show industry. All the following issues are of the utmost importance. Talent is responsible for adhering to these guidelines.
- Always have nice hair and makeup. Bring your makeup kit to the show for touch ups to always look fresh. You should look like the picture we submitted and the professional that you are.
- Always have pressed clean clothes. If you are wearing khaki pants, press them; white gym shoes, polish them. If the client asks for heels, be sure they are comfortable. Make sure your wardrobe is up to date and ready.
- Always have at least two suits with skirts.
- Khaki and black are the popular choices for slacks when clients supply the golf shirt. Please be sure to have something like this available.
- Always have coordinating shoes (Black, brown, blue, etc.)
- Always smile. Please be professional, polite and friendly.
- NEVER BE LATE! PERIOD!
- Arrive at the booth 15 minutes early. At McCormick Place it will take time to park and walk to the trade show floor. So be sure to arrive at the parking lot at least one half hour early in order to have enough time to get to the booth.
- You will always need a badge for entry into the show. We will either have it at the agency office prior to the show dates or, more likely, you will need to pick it up at pre-registration. So plan for the extra time on the first day. If you lose your badge you will have to pay .00 to get a new one. The client will not be required to replace it for you.
- Make sure your breaks are no longer than what is allowed. A common client complaint is that the girls take too long on their breaks or ask to leave early. Please don't do that. Assume every show is an eight-hour day. We may tell you the show will not be eight hours, however plan to stay if they ask. Please inform us at the time of booking if you have a conflict. We will try and clear your time restraints with the client. If you get out early it will be a nice gesture on their part.
- If you are there over eight hours, please let us know because the rate will need to be adjusted for overtime. Bring a voucher to the show, and be sure to keep each day's time accurately.
- Call our office with any problems you may be having with the show or client. Don't wait until the show is over if there is a problem. We want to make sure everyone is happy. If you think you are doing more than the contract states, (for example, being a crowd gatherer instead of a hostess) let us know so we can contact the client and make an adjustment if possible.
- If a last minute emergency comes up page Karen immediately. Call the office voice mail for her number.
- Do not accept the job if you are only taking it until something better comes along. The client has chosen YOU, and is expecting you on the job. This will adversely affect your relationship with the agency.
- Do not accept or solicit jobs from other booths. If someone wants to use you for the next show give him or her a Corporate Presenters card and we will follow up on the job for you. This is for your safety. Sometimes people are only looking to make a personal contact, not a business one.
Address/Phone Number Changes:
Remember to call us with any new contact information.
Make sure you have a voucher for ALL bookings.
It is important that you return pages and phone calls ASAP for auditions and bookings. You may lose a booking if calls are not returned immediately.
Are you booked on a multi-day tradeshow? Planning to travel out of town? Be sure to call us with your book-out dates.